A list of helpful books that all retired Greyhound adopters should own, as well as a list of useful reference websites that help educate the new Greyhound owner as well as seasoned veterans. We strive to ensure that all information is current and accurate. If you have any additions, please send them to email@example.com
Books on Greyhounds
- “Adopting the Racing Greyhound” by Cynthia Branigan
- “Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies” by Lee Livingood
- “Child-Proofing Your Dog” by Brian Kilcommons and Sarah Wilson
On-line Information about Greyhounds
- Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption – up-to-date events and information 520-955-7421
- The Greyhound Project – greyhound info, Celebrating Greyhounds Magazine, national rescue directory
- Grey Talk – online chat room of all things greyhound
- National Greyhound Association (NGA) – racing records, family trees, stats. May look up info on your particular grey using his ear tattoos.
- GreytHealth – Archive of Dr. Stack’s most requested articles about Greyhound Health.
- Pima Animal Care Center – 4000 N. Silverbell Rd., Tucson, AZ 85745 520-243-5900
Need proof of rabies vaccination and spay/neuter certificate in order to license dog. Current price $12.50 year. Check their web site for a listing of vet offices where licensing can be obtained.
Off Leash Dog Parks
- Christopher Columbus Park – 4600 N. Silverbell Rd., Tucson, AZ
- Gene C. Reid Park – 22nd St. and Country Club, Tucson, AZ
- Palo Verde Park – 400 S. Mann (south of Broadway off Jessica), Tucson, AZ
- Sixth Avenue at Northwest Center 2075 N 6th St., Tucson, AZ
- Udall Park – Tanque Verde at Sabino Canyon, Tucson, AZ
- McDonald Park – 4100 N. Harrison Rd., Tucson, AZ
General Greyhound Tips
- Keep house collars (clip or buckle type) with ID tags on your dogs at all times.
- If your hound becomes lost, call SA Greys IMMEDIATELY at 520-955-7421. We can begin a search.
- Please DO NOT use retractable leash when walking your dog.
- Briarcrest Veterinary Care Center (SA Greys’ Primary Vet) 7313 E. Tanque Verde, Tucson, AZ 85715 520-298-4123
- Pantano Animal Clinic 8333 E. 22nd St., Tucson, AZ 85710 520-885-3594
- Tanque Verde Pet Hospital 6571 E. Tanque Verde, Tucson, AZ 85715 520-886-1279
- Broadway Animal Hospital 2300 E. Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 520-622-6485
- Twin Peaks Veterinary Center 7555 W. Twin Peaks Rd. Ste 101, Tucson, AZ 85743 520-572-8300
- Dove MountainVeterninary 12110 N Dove Mountain Blvd, Marana, AZ 85658 520-448-2255
- Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson – 24 hour, 4909 N. La Canada, Tucson, AZ 85704 520-795-9955
At Home Vet Care
- Tucson Vet Calls Dr. Maria Miller 520-243-9115